Shrimp Stir Fry Recipes
Add shrimp to your favorite stir fry recipe for a delicious meal. This page contains shrimp stir fry recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a great delicious healthy dish filled with aroma and flavor of wonderful shrimp and fresh vegetables! It is a very easy and quick dinner to make!
- 3 cups long grain white rice, cooked as directed
- 1 lb either fresh raw shrimp or cooked (large)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or sesame seed oil
- 2 medium sweet onions, thick sliced
- 4 stalks of celery, cut diagonally
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 small head of broccoli, broken up in pieces
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 bunch of bok choy, cut up diagonally
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pkg fresh bean sprouts or canned
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp (heaping) ground ginger (to taste) a little more if you like spicy
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Cook rice according to package, and make your sauce ahead of time, stirring well until the sugar is dissolved very well. Set aside!
- Mix sauce ingredients in a cup.
- Clean and prepare all the vegetables.
- Using a deep covered skillet, add olive oil. Do not heat until all the vegetable are in the skillet. You want all the veggies crisp, or at the same doneness.
- When all veggies are in the skillet (except for bean spouts and shrimp), turn the heat on high only until the pan starts to sizzle. Stir constantly so the oil is coating all. You will see the veggies start to cook done.
- When they start to look like they are cooking, pour the well mixed sauce over the veggies, and stir well. If it looks like it could use a little more sauce, just add a 1/2 cup of water.
- When the sauce starts boiling turn it down to simmer and add the mixed cornstarch and water and stir rapidly, and remove from the heat.
- Add the shrimp, and stir well. Place the bean sprouts over the top of the mixture and cover. They will steam and stay a bit crisp.
- Serve over a bed of long grain whire rice. Enjoy!:)
Shrimp cooked in seasoning, butter and onions over a bed of white rice. Yummy.
June 30, 20051 found this helpful
Serve this over noodles or steamed rice. If you omit the shrimp, these vegetables can be a delicious, colourful base for grilled chicken or fish.Read More...