Making Sweet Chili Shrimp
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
August 30, 2018
This is a super fast and easy shrimp dish that's got a nice kick. I love to thicken up the flavourful sauce so it really clings to the shrimp. This is great with a side of rice or noodles.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp sake or white wine
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- In a small bowl, pour sake on the shrimp and mix well.
- Heat a teaspoon of cooking oil in a pan over high heat. Add green onions, garlic and ginger. Fry for a minute, until lightly browned.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly pink.
- Add chili paste and sweet chili sauce. Stir well and cook a minute or so.
- Thoroughly mix together cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Pour into the pan. Stir everything together until sauce thickens up. Serve immediately.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.