Making Good Red Chili
There are so many chili recipes and variations out there. Good red chili is an old fashioned staple of many childhoods; with red beans, tomato sauce and ground beef. This is a page about making good red chili
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a basic recipe for yummy red chili. Very easy to make, and freezes well.
Total Time: Around 45 minutes
Yield: Around 15 servings
- 2-2 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cans (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 4 cans (15.5 oz) chili beans in sauce
- 2 cans (6 oz) tomato paste
- 3 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 Tbsp dried basil
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 6 cups water
- In a large pot, cook your ground beef until brown; drain the fat.
- Chop the onions and peppers.
- Add your crushed tomatoes, beans, and tomato paste, onions, peppers, seasonings and water.
- Stir well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20-25 minutes.*
- Garnish with cheese and enjoy!
*You could also add all of your ingredients to a crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
April 11, 20160 found this helpful
I thought my chili was good. I will try some stuff out of yours. I rated.