Quick Veggie Chili Recipe
Although this recipe has added meat, it has lots of more vegetables than most chilis. This page contains a quick veggie chili
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This recipe is a good way to use leftovers or get more veggies in your family's diet. It tastes great too.
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 carrots
- leftover peas and corn
- 1 can each dark and light red kidney beans
- 2 cans chili beans
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 5-8 white mushrooms
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- dash turmeric
- dash cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- pinch salt
- 2 large cans diced tomatoes
- Chop carrots and celery and green peppper. Slice mushrooms.
- Finely chop onion.
- Put 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a stock pot, heat oil, add minced garlic and ground turkey. Cook thoroughly
- Add chopped carrots, celery, and onions to pot. Cook about 3-5 minutes or until carrots brighten in color.
- Now add tomatoes, peas, corn, beans, green pepper, mushrooms and spices.
- Simmer on med-low for about a half hour or until hot.
April 25, 20150 found this helpful
April 27, 20150 found this helpful
Sorry to tell you, but this recipe isn't veggie chili. This recipe has meat in it...turkey is considered a meat. The rest of it looks good, though. I am a vegetarian, so I will probably try this recipe and instead of turkey I'll add a little quinoa.