Quick and Easy Chili Recipes
Chili can be a quick and easy dinner especially if you used canned beans. This page contains quick and easy chili recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Autumn is right around the corner, which brings us chilly nights. This is my go to recipe for a nice hearty warm chili dinner. Pairs perfectly with cornbread, crackers, sourdough bread or rice topped off with shredded cheese. This meal takes less than 25 minutes from start to finish.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 3 people
- 1/2 white onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cans baked beans
- 3/4 lb ground beef
- 1 can tomato sauce
- Chop white onions and mince garlic.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, cook the ground beef with the onion and garlic. Break up the ground beef as it cooks for 7-10 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes and beans. Mix around and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Ready to serve.
Serve with a side of cornbread, bread, rice and topped with some cheddar cheese.
This is a family favorite! It's cheap, easy, and delicious.
- 1 lb. ground beef or chili meat
- 1 (6oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can pinto or kidney beans(i like both)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder (Mexican style)
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 whole jalapeno
- 1/2 can beer or water
Brown ground beef; drain excess fat and return to pan then add onion and cook until translucent. Add garlic and spices. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in tomato paste. Dump in beans and tomatoes; add beer or water to desired consistency. Drop in jalapeno and simmer for 20 minutes.
P.S. I serve this with a dollop or sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese on top. Oh, and some home made cornbread. YUMMY!
|Time:||5 Minutes Preparation Time|
45 Minutes Cooking Time
By rach from San Antonio, TX
Here you will make a full flavored pot of chili. This is my all time favorite.
December 14, 20050 found this helpful
This recipe I came up with out of necessity one day and it has been a hit ever since. I use ground turkey, but it tastes just as good with ground beef...Read More...
ThriftyFun is one of the longest running frugal living communities on the Internet. These are archives of older discussions.
October 7, 20100 found this helpful
- 1 1/2-2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 pkg. chili seasoning mix
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 cans tomatoes
- 2 cans chili beans
- salt and pepper, to taste
Brown ground beef and onion in skillet, stirring until crumbly. Pour off pan drippings. Add remaining ingredients with 2 cups water, mixing well. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring frequently.
By Robin from Washington, IA
August 3, 20090 found this helpful
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz. each) tomatoes
- 1 can (16-17 oz) corn, drained
- 1 can (16 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- Chili powder to taste
Mix all ingredients. Heat 3 minutes, till bubbly. Serve with quesadillas and fruit. Yum. =D
By Laura from Long Beach, CA