Superbowl Chili Recipe
Extensive ingredients make this interesting batch of chili for a delicious meal during the big game. This page contains a superbowl chili recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Yes, this is the chili I made for the Superbowl.:) It has an ingredient list that reaches all the way to the end zone, but it's worth it! Among the ingredients are sugar, cocoa and coffee. Let me tell you, it's good!
Total Time: About 30 minutes prep
Yield: Around 6-8
Source: Modified from a recipe I found on food.com
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3/4 lb sirloin petite steak*
- 1 14 1/2 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes with seasonings (regular diced tomatoes will work too)
- 1 can dark beer (don't worry, alcohol cooks off)
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 2 6 oz. cans tomato paste
- 16 oz beef broth
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 1/2 Tbsp chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 15 oz. cans kidney beans
- 2 Anaheim peppers (these are mild, not much spice. Any other pepper can be substituted)
*You will need to cube your steak before cooking.
- Heat oil in large pot, cook your onions, garlic and meats until nicely browned.
- Add the rest of your ingredients to your pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 1 -2 hours, depending on how quickly you want to eat.
- Top with a bit of cheese and enjoy.
February 11, 20150 found this helpful
Wow! Looks good. I love to sneak in chocolate any way I can!
February 16, 20150 found this helpful
Our family loves chili. We'll have to try this, especially love the cocoa in it. Always makes everything better.