This was put together in a few minutes and tasted really good. It freezes well, too. If you have the time, simmer the chili for an hour or more. I put some shredded cheddar cheese in mine.
Prep Time: I0 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 28 oz. can tomatoes, do not drain
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1-3 Tbsp chili powder (to taste)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans (drained) or
- 2 cups cooked kidney beans (optional)
- Stir-fry ground beef, onion and green pepper until beef is brown and the onion is tender.
- Drain excess liquid.
- Stir in tomato sauce, tomatoes (undrained ), salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Heat to boiling.
- Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.