Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Cut pork across the grain into 1/4 inch slices and then in to bite sized pieces.
Stir together vinegar, salt, soy sauce, and sugar in a small bowl.
Stir together water and cornstarch in another small bowl.
Rinse cabbage in a large colander and cover colander in order for some moisture to remain on the cabbage.
Heat sesame oil in a wok or 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat until hot and then add pork. Cook while stirring until pork begins to brown but still pink in center. Transfer pork and any juices to a plate. Do not clean the wok/skillet.
Heat vegetable oil in wok/skillet over moderately high heat until hot. Stir fry garlic and ginger for 30 seconds. Add half of the cabbage and stir fry over high heat until cabbage is wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in remaining cabbage and the soy sauce mixture, cover and cook, but stir occasionally, until all of the cabbage is tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Add pork and the pork juices and bring to a boil. Stir cornstarch mixture and pour mixture in to the skillet and boil, while stirring, until sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in the salt and spoon on to beds of rice. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
By Deeli from Richland, WA
4 Servings of pork and vegetables, about 1/2 cup each. 4 Servings of cooked rice, about 2 cups each
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 To 30 Minutes
1. Heat broth and water to a boil in sauce pan; add rice and return to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in skillet. Add broccoli, carrots, onions, and garlic powder. Cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet. Add mushrooms. Cook for 1 minute and set aside.
3. Heat second tablespoon of oil in skillet. Add pork; cook until pork no longer remains pink. Drain liquid.
4. Add soy sauce and stir until mixed; add vegetables to pork mixture. Cook until heated, about 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Serve pork mixture over cooked rice. Note: Sodium level can be reduced from 799 milligrams to 532 milligrams by reducing soy sauce from 4 to 2 tablespoons.
Total fat 33 grams
Saturated fat 10 grams
Cholesterol 108 milligrams
Sodium 799 milligrams
Serve this delicious Asian stir fry with rice or noodles for a hearty weeknight dinner. This guide contains a recipe for tofu and roasted pork belly stir fry.