Summer Vegetable Stir Fry
Summertime is a great time of year for fresh, nutritious vegetables for a wonderful stir fry. This page contains a summer vegetable stir fry
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I love harvest time. I go to the farm every Saturday morning and pick up all my produce before shopping. There is nothing comparable to farm grown veggies. They are the best! Lately I make some of my dinners with just vegetables, and here is one. Hope you enjoy it!
- 2 cups long grain white rice, cook according to package
- 2 large cloves garlic, sliced thin
- few slices red onion
- 1 summer (yellow) squash, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- handful sliced carrots
- handful fresh yellow beans, cut in half
- broccoli, cut in pieces
- 4-6 large basil leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- seasonings to taste; start with an 1/8 of a tsp. season salt, black pepper, and a pinch of thyme
- Prepare your rice as directed.
- Wash and prepare all vegetables.
- Using a large covered skillet, heat olive oil. Then add all vegetables. Stir until sizzling.
- Add chicken broth and seasonings. Let simmer for a few minutes or until the veggies are just cooked, but crisp.
- Put rice in the center of your plate or bowl. Add all these succulent vegetables over the rice. Enjoy :)