Making Sweet Chili Shrimp
Sweet chili sauce is a staple for many Southeast Asian cuisines. Combine it with fresh aromatics to make these delicious stir fried shrimp.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a super fast and easy shrimp dish that's got a nice kick. I love to thicken up the flavourful sauce so it really clings to the shrimp. This is great with a side of rice or noodles.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp sake or white wine
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- In a small bowl, pour sake on the shrimp and mix well.
- Heat a teaspoon of cooking oil in a pan over high heat. Add green onions, garlic and ginger. Fry for a minute, until lightly browned.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly pink.
- Add chili paste and sweet chili sauce. Stir well and cook a minute or so.
- Thoroughly mix together cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Pour into the pan. Stir everything together until sauce thickens up. Serve immediately.
CommentsRead More Comments