Clothing StainsCleaning

Cleaning Lymphatic Fluid Stains From Leather Shoes

I have lymphedema with seaping legs is there any way to clean stained shoes? The lymphatic fluid's have changed the color of the leathers! I need to clean these shoes for they are the only shoes that fit my swollen feet & I would like them to look nice for dress!

Jim from Elkhatr, IN

I would check at a shoe repair or higher end store and see about dye, or if they are standard black/brown, then give them a good polish. I personally use babywipes for the initial cleaning, as it keeps things supple, but the ingredients knock out the grimiest mess. Good luck!

If polish doesn't work, maybe shoe dye would help? I haven't been in Kmart's shoe department in awhile, but the last time I was there, they sold shoe dye next to the women's pumps for weddings. I seem to recall it being rather inexpensive, because I actually considered buying some of their dyable shoes and experimenting with colors.

If that doesn't work, maybe some dark fabric paint from your local craft shop? You could start by checking online at www.joann.com to see if they have paint that will "stick" to the material of your shoes.

Hope this helps. :-)

After you get the shoes back to a decent usable color, don't forget to give 'em a top coat of something that will make them imprevious to water damage and then keep re-applying it as per directions on the bottle or can as the protection does wear off.
Maybe something called, "waterproofing," for leather.