AdviceParties

Apartment Warming Party

Has anyone ever hear of an apartment warming party? I was thinking of having one when I get my own place.

By missy424 from Akron, OH

Why Not? I think it is just the same idea as a house warming party: a chance to invite friends over to see the new place. Good Luck on finding the perfect place!

A party is always fun but if you're expecting gifts; be aware that people aren't going to be too quick to bring housewarming gifts when you actually buy a home.

Also, in an apt; you probably don't want lots of stuff to tote with your from place to place that probably won't fit in with your purchased house's decor.

It's a nice idea. In my area, people don't give housewarming gifts -- they just show up with beverages. LOL The whole point is to celebrate the new place, especially if it is your first new home, or quite a step up over the previous place. It is, as toolgirl said, a chance to welcome friends to your new home.