Eggplant Plant Not Bearing Fruit?

My fiances grandfather died and we got his eggplant to put in the ground. Since we've transplanted it, it continuously flowers but I cannot get it to bear fruit. It's been in the ground for about a month now. It is in direct sunlight as directed and is watered infrequently. The plant looks healthy overall and all of my other vegetables are doing magnificent, but this one is frustrating me to NO avail. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Hardiness Zone: 10b

Jillian from Jupiter, FL

You might try pollinating the flowers with a feather. Just touch each flower lightly inside to transfer pollen from one blossom to the next. I've heard that the bee population is way down this year, so this may work as a substitute for the bees.

I have a nice size eggplant bush, it flowers, but they fall off without producing the fruit. I have fed the bush with Miracle Gro liquid fertilizer. What else can I do to get it to produce?

By Jo from Sacramento, CA

Answers

You can take a flower that looks about ready to fall off or die and then rub it inside the other flowers to cross-pollinate them. Rub gently so you don't damage the existing flowers.
I haven't used this on eggplant but it worked with many other veggies.

Answer this Question
Home and Garden Gardening GrowingMarch 14, 2007
🐰
🌻
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf70499975.tip.html