1. Cook macaroni in unsalted water, drain, rinse with cold water and drain again. Stir in oil.
2. Transfer to 4-quart bowl. Place sugar, vinegars, water, prepared mustard, salt, pepper, and pimento in blender. Process at low speed 15-20 seconds, or just enough so flecks of pimento can be seen. Pour over macaroni.
3. Score cucumber peel with fork tines. Cut cucumber in half lengthwise, then slice thinly. Add to pasta with onion slices. Toss well.
4. Marinate, covered, in refrigerator 24 hours. Stir occasionally.
5. Drain and serve on lettuce.
Yield: 18 servings--Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Each serving provides: Calories: 149 Total fat: 2 g Saturated fat: less than 1 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 33 mg
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!