Storing Projects in Progress

I do a lot of cross-stitching and to organize projects in progress I put threads in snack-size plastic bags. Then I use an old eyeglass case to hold scissors and needles. I use a large ziplock bag for the hoop, thread, and material. I punch holes at the top of the bag (under the zipper) and place these in a binder. Each large binder holds 2-3 projects.

These projects have deadlines, so I use a label and have the due date and who it's designated for as a gift. The labels pull off easily. Also when I set a price for an item for sale, I write the date started and keep track of the time on paper and place it in the binder. That way, when the project is through, I place this paper in a smaller binder so I know what to charge and also when to start a project to get it done on time for gift giving. I do this for all crafts. I then place the binder in a basket, next to where I do crafts.

By cj