Laundry RecipesCleaning Supply Recipes

Making Homemade Laundry Soap Viscous and Foamy

I would like to ask; what chemicals are likely to be used to make the soap viscous?

By aize from Santa Rosa, Laguna

If you mean that you want it to be liquid rather than the gelataneous mass, you can make it with homemade lye soap rather than from bar soap. Bar soap has agents added that make it harden; homemade lye soap doesn't, so it results in a liquid laundry detergent/soap.

I have liquid laundry soap. It is very smooth, but I want to make it viscous. So, how can I make a viscous liquid?

By Rajat

Answers

I set tile with my fiance and his dad and still lived with his 90 year oldmom who still did the laundry. She put Cascade dishwasher powder in with the regular soap and it even took out thin-set which hardens in clothes like concrete. The other clothes came out nice too. It doesn't make the water frothy, but it does the job. Hope this helps.

May I ask what should I add to my homemade liquid detergent to make it viscous? And what should I add to make it form bubbles? I have used the borax/washing soda homemade recipe and it doesn't make any foam when I do my laundry.

Lilabytes from Philippines

Answers:

I started using the homemade laundry soap 2 years ago and love the way it cleans. On my yearly check up for my washer the service man was impressed by how clean my machine was and said it was because I didn't have bubbles in my laundry soap. He told me to keep using it and my machine will last years longer.

Love and prayers.
Linda (12/16/2005)

By lindaljh1

Yes, perhaps, but I am planning on selling my detergent and unfortunately people think that if your liquid detergent does not foam, it doesn't work. What should I do? What shall I add? And how do I make my liquid detergent thick enough? It looks like milk to me. Thanks a lot! (12/17/2005)

By lilabytes

i just wanted to let you know that bubbles are not what clean your clothes, it's the soap itself. If you use this soap for gifts, just explain that there will be no bubbles and your clothes will be cleaner and the washer will last longer. I worked at a laundromat and the inspector told us our machines were in excellent shape. We only sell soap with no bubbles. Just thought you would like to know. (12/17/2005)

By dtmiddle1

In every bubble bath recipe I found, there is glycerin and sugar.
Maybe it's the solution.
For 1/2 cup liquid soap they add 1/4 cup glycerin and 1 teaspoon sugar. (06/28/2006)

By Francine