CarpetCleaning

Removing Stains from Light Colored Carpet

What's the best way to get stains out of a cream carpet? I can't afford professional cleaners. Thanks x

By susan from Newcastle upon Tyne

OK this is never recommended and should never be done under any circumstances. But, in my younger days when I had stains on my light carpet, I used a home carpet cleaner machine, But because my carpets really needed some help. I put bleach, yep, diluted bleach on the stains with a spray bottle and let it sit a little and then washed it up. AND when the whole rug looked dingy, I put bleach in the machine with the soap and water. It worked great. It was amazing. Now I will admit that sometimes the "stains" I had to really work on were "lighter" than the rest of the carpet... but I preferred that to a black stain.

So again, Never do this, but if you try it, keep it off the furniture, drapes etc, and good luck.