PaperworkOrganizing

Task Boxes

I try to save about 6 heavy-duty self closing boxes each year that measure around 10-1/2 x 11 x 2-1/2 inches or even slightly larger. I use these to store "works in progress" such as preparing for a large church project, tax preparation, special yearly projects which I am chairwoman of, etc.

For example, as I was compiling and preparing all the various bits of data and supporting materials for our tax preparation, I used this type of box with larger Ziploc-type bags inside the box to separate the materials and keep them organized. The tax compilation process takes quite a few sessions and rather than just dump all the contents back into the box, by keeping the contents organized and separated, I know exactly where I am. Most important, all the materials (especially W-2s and important papers disclosing interest paid through your mortgage as well as canceled checks and registers, etc.) are in this box. Nothing gets lost!

When I am ready to work on it, the entire box comes out and can be put away just as quickly. Once the tax preparation is totally done and filed, the box is ready to be sealed, labeled and put into storage.

By Ronsan from MO