How to Make Fabric Covered Display Boxes
To create pretty display boxes try wrapping empty boxes with fabric, just as you would a gift. Add ribbon and bows if desired. If you use pins or water soluble glue then the boxes and fabric can be reused later.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I needed three different size boxes, dressed up as if they were gifts for selling on eBay. This is what I came up with.
Total Time: 1 Hour
- ironing board
- 24 pins
- 8 ft ribbon ($.35)
- 4 ft lace ($50)
- 2 yd fabric ($1.50)
- Pick the fabric you like. Press it and cut it to cover each box. Wrap it just as you would a present with pretty corners and make sure the ends overlap.
- Now the secret is revealed. You will use pins to secure the fabric. I didn't use glue as I wanted the boxes and the fabric to be reusable.
- Pick pretty ribbon to match the pretty fabric. As presentation is all, this will pay off in the long run. Oooos and awwwws will give you the pay off you need should you do this for a party.
- Note: You can use glue if you want or small head pins that don't show. For me, it didn't matter as I used the fronts of the boxes only for my photo.
- So there you have it. You can do this with paper and tape, but I didn't have any so I went with what I thought would give me the best bang for my buck. N-JOY!!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.