Repurposing a Candy Box Into Shadow Boxes
Shadow boxes are a great way to display treasured collectibles. You can of course buy them, but why not consider using a sturdy recycled candy box and create your own unique display. This is a page about repurposing a candy box into shadow boxes
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I had a leftover candy box with strong bones. It is very sturdy and would make not 1 but 2 shadow boxes. Here's how!
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
- candy box
- craft paint - Craft Smart acrylic paint
- card stock
- glue gun
- knobs for legs (optional)
- Take your boxes and paint the outside in your desired color. Allow to dry.
- Paint the inside. Dry.
- For a colorful background paint a scene or add card stock cut to size and glue in place.
- Paint wood pegs and glue in place.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.