Homemade Bases for Kickball or Baseball
- sheets of high density foam (like what a pool noodle is made of but two different thicknesses)
- left over plywood or particle board
- outdoor clear silicone glue
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd bases should be made out of thicker foam. Cut 3 16 by 16 inch squares out of the plywood.
Next add the foam cut 16 1/2 by 16 1/2 inches.
Now glue the foam to the plywood bases leaving a little over lap on all sides. We used outdoor silicone glue for this.
- Cut a rectangle for the pitcher's mound, but use thinner foam as you don't want this to stick up off the ground to much, the same goes for home base. These are pretty sturdy and light weight so they can be carried to the nearest park or playground. Hope this recycling tip is something you will enjoy.
By Debra from Colorado
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.