BuyingClothing

Purchase Your Clothes Off Season

Category Buying

Purchase your winter time clothing in the summer months, if at all possible, you can save yourself big bucks. Recently, while in a thrift store, I was searching for summer time blouses & shirts. I noticed a lady was looking through the sweaters and jackets. When I inquired, why in the heat of summer was she doing this. She replied, "I save more money shopping for winter time clothes this time of year than waiting to purchase them till cooler and colder weather. They raise the prices on these items as the weather starts turning."

By Terri

Editor's Note: Check clearance racks, now is a great time to buy short sleeve shirts and shorts for next spring and summer.

I too search through clearance racks in off months to find my daughter clothes for the next season. I love shopping a thrift stores also. I can find so many clothes for her for nearly nothing. If I find something that I just love, even if she won't wear it for awhile, I'll still buy it and put it up. For 49 cents per shirt you can't beat it!

This IS a great money-saving tip! Last year I bought lots of summer clothes in the next size up for my son as they were being put on clearance, and got shorts and shirts for anywhere from 49 cents to $2, and short and shirt sets for $3-4. These were all brand new, from Walmart, Target, etc. I didn't spend much in total, but when this past summer began, my son had almost a whole wardrobe ready to go! I barely had to buy any summer clothes. I plan on doing this from now on!

I believe in buying "off season" clothing if at all possible. Last spring we had an unseasonably cold day and I went shopping in as store that is known for very nice clothing. I checked out the clearance racks and found some very nice sweaters, warm up jackets and pants for only about a dollar and a half each. I thought I'd hit the jackpot!

I like to buy clothes at the end of the season, when the store is about to take all of the stuff and donate it to the local Goodwill or Choc (company policy). At this time, the clothes are the absolute cheapest..also, you can ask the manager at the store and find out where all the leftover clothes that aren't sold are sent (for instance, which Goodwill Store).

Happy Bargain Shopping!

when my kids were small i would buy 1 size too big and put them back either for christmas or the next year for school if you have a few extra dollars and the room it saves a lot of money

I have been buying clothes off season for awhile now. My oldest daughter is becoming "label obsessed"- unfortunatley my wallet disagrees! In April of this year we had to go to the mall to pick up a present, she convinced me to go to Limited Too- which is her favorite store. I was so happy when I saw that they were having a clearance blowout on their winter clothing (there was also some fall and early spring clothes)- I spent about $30 and got about 10 long sleeve shirts, 3 short sleeve shirts a couple skirts and 2 pairs of jeans! So that helped my BTS budget so much this year- we only have to get socks shoes and pencils!

where can i buy this jacket