Store Shoes And Accessories On Bookshelves

I live in a small space. I don't have a closet. So, how do I store my shoes and accessories? Bookshelves. I use bookshelves, with adjustable shelving, that I already own. I use a filler (multiple plastic bags tied inside a single bag) to stuff my handbags so they keep their form.

For shoes, I stuff the toes with newspaper. If you need an alternative to expensive closet organizers, find bookshelves that will fit in your closet. They should be the same style and color, even if they are different sizes, for a polished look.

By RobinNette from Baltimore, MD

That's a good idea if you have enough room in the closet. But half of my closet has my clothes in it, and the bottom of that half is used for general storage, along with the other half. My closet is probably 6ft.

wide. For my shoes and purses I use one of those metal over the door things, that you slip your shoes over the pegs(or whatever they are called), and on the lower pegs I hang my purses. There just isn't much storage in the apartment that I live in.

My closet is real similar to Redhatterb's. Mine is deep but narrow. The clothes all hang on one side but the other side is used up by the door which opens into the closet. But the floor is filled with my personal tool box (one that my husband's not allowed into! LOL), and other boxes, etc. I do have one shelf unit in the back of the closet but it always has either sweaters or jeans/slacks, some type of clothing on it. My accessories go on the top shelf over the hanging clothes. I put my shoes on top of the boxes, etc that are on the floor. This keeps them neat and orderly and makes it easier to vacuum and walk in there.