Removing Rust Stains in the Bathroom

I have well water and can't get the iron stains out of the shower and tub. Anyone know what works?

By maggie from St. Augustine, FL

Answers

For 20 years I have put up with a rust stained ceramic toilet bowl. I have tried cleaning it by removing all of the water and soaking it in vinegar and baking soda, all commercial cleaners available here in New Zealand, and every method known to Womankind to get it clean. And still it remains very stained and unpleasant looking, so I have resorted to using a blue coloured toilet cleaner which at least you cannot see the stains through.

I would appreciate any tips my fellow readers might have. Many thanks

Ang

Anonymous

Citric acid left in the bowl can help. Sprinkle powder in water in toilet bowl, leave for a few hours, then clean as usual.

Answer this Question

6 More Questions

We are camping in Ohio and our shower and tub in our camper have some rust from the water on the walls and tub. Nothing I have used so far gets off the rust and soap scum.

By MaryJo Baumgartner from Wooster, OH

Answers

Best Answer

I live in Ohio, and before we installed our water system we had a terrible rust problem in the tub for about a month; The Works brand has a cleaner that removes rust etc. It worked easily and immediately! It is in a green bottle. If you can't get that I would try CLR brand.

Best Answer

Bar Keepers Friend works great on rust stains in our shower.

Answer this Question

Rust stains can get on the floor of your shower from the water supply or metal cans. They can generally be removed by using the appropriate cleaner. This is a page about removing rust stains from a shower floor.

Cleaning a shower floor.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Rusty pipes, well water, and even a crack in the porcelain on a cast iron sink can lead to rust stains. This is a page about removing rust stains from a sink.

Removing rust stains from a sink.

What is the best way to remove rusty toilet bowl stains?

We bought a duplex in an area with a lot of rust in the water. We have 3 bathrooms and 2 kitchens. How can I get the rust out of our toilets, bathtubs, sinks, etc.?

Home and Garden Cleaning RustMay 10, 2013
👔
🐛
🌻
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf950867.tip.html