Removing Rust Stains in the Bathroom

Category Rust
Your bathroom fixtures can be stained by rust from several sources, such as old leaky pipes or well water. This is a page about removing rust stains in the bathroom.

We are camping in Ohio and our shower and tub in our camper have some rust from the water on the walls and tub. Nothing I have used so far gets off the rust and soap scum.

By MaryJo Baumgartner from Wooster, OH

Answers

Best Answer

I live in Ohio, and before we installed our water system we had a terrible rust problem in the tub for about a month; The Works brand has a cleaner that removes rust etc. It worked easily and immediately! It is in a green bottle. If you can't get that I would try CLR brand.

Best Answer

Bar Keepers Friend works great on rust stains in our shower.

I have well water and can't get the iron stains out of the shower and tub. Anyone know what works?

By maggie from St. Augustine, FL

Answers

For 20 years I have put up with a rust stained ceramic toilet bowl. I have tried cleaning it by removing all of the water and soaking it in vinegar and baking soda, all commercial cleaners available here in New Zealand, and every method known to Womankind to get it clean.

And still it remains very stained and unpleasant looking, so I have resorted to using a blue coloured toilet cleaner which at least you cannot see the stains through.

I would appreciate any tips my fellow readers might have. Many thanks

Ang

Anonymous

Citric acid left in the bowl can help. Sprinkle powder in water in toilet bowl, leave for a few hours, then clean as usual.

Rust stains can get on the floor of your shower from the water supply or metal cans. They can generally be removed by using the appropriate cleaner. This is a page about removing rust stains from a shower floor.

Cleaning a shower floor.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Rusty pipes, well water, and even a crack in the porcelain on a cast iron sink can lead to rust stains. This is a page about removing rust stains from a sink.

Removing rust stains from a sink.

By maggie from St. Augustine, FL

Answers:

Removing Rust Stains in the Bathroom

Vinegar always works for me, good luck. (04/18/2010)

By kathleen williams

Removing Rust Stains in the Bathroom

Use Tang or powdered Lemonade mix. Put it in a Parmesan cheese shaker from the dollar store. Simply shake it on a wet surface and let it sit for about half an hour (or overnight) then scrub lightly with a toothbrush and rinse. I saw this tip on the TV show "The Queen of Clean" and it really works! Even for rust on Cement driveways and garage floors!

* It's the "Citric Acid" in these drink mixes that makes them work. It's cheaper to buy straight Citric Acid powder an any "Ethnic" store especially an East Indian store for about $3 or $4 and it will last you for a year or two! You can also buy Citric Acid Powder anywhere you would find Candy Making supplies. (04/19/2010)

By Cyinda

Removing Rust Stains in the Bathroom

Try scrubbing it with lemon juice and salt if that don't work try a pumice stone. Hope this helps. (04/19/2010)

By Laura Brown

Removing Rust Stains in the Bathroom

Pumice stone (06/19/2010)

By Melissa

Removing Rust Stains in the Bathroom

I found the miracle answer! We replaced our community well pump over Christmas, what a mess. Our water has been disgusting. I think we finally are on our way to clean water again. I purchased a product called Whink Rust Stain Remover and it is incredible (found it a Menards). No need to scrub hard. The directions say to use on only white fixtures, but our sinks, showers and toilets are all off white and they now look like they are brand new! I did also use this on our dark blue granite sink and the product worked awesome as well without any damage to the color. Good luck.

(01/08/2011)

By Kathy

What is the best way to remove rusty toilet bowl stains?

By argo12 from London, Ontario

Answers:

Removing Rust Stains in the Bathroom

I always use a paste of lemon juice and Comet or any good cleaning powder, leave it on then rinse off. (02/01/2010)

By Gail Vance

We bought a duplex in an area with a lot of rust in the water. We have 3 bathrooms and 2 kitchens. How can I get the rust out of our toilets, bathtubs, sinks, etc.?

Home and Garden Cleaning RustMay 10, 2013
📓
🐛
😷
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf950867.tip.html