Giving the Kids All the Family Names and Numbers

I was getting vexed at the number of times my adult children, now living in their own homes, would call me for family information such as telephone numbers, cell numbers, work numbers, fax numbers, birthdates, wedding anniversaries and even correct spellings of our grandchildren's names.

I put together all this vital information by family unit for each family unit (3 grown children, all married, all with children) via the computer, saved the information, and then ran off copies on the front and back of one page for each of them.

I then inserted this page inside a plastic sleeve, and gave it to them. One family now never calls me for the information, one calls only for updated information, and the other one always calls me for any of the information because they have lost/misplaced/can't find/ "the-dog-chewed-it-up" excuse du jour. At least I now know where to find all the information when this one calls! LOL

By Sandie

By Cindy in AL (Guest Post)

I got my list of addresses from Mom after my wedding, when I needed to mail thank you cards.

Maybe if you just email the file to the 3rd child, when they call you, you can just tell them to look in their email again.

Another idea...I set up a group list at www.groups.yahoo.com for our family. You can post all this information there and everyone can access it whenever you want. I have our list set as "private", so only those I approved can be on it, and we've set it up so it emails us all ahead of time for birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

There are a lot of other features that make it a nice way to go, also.

Organizing ChildrenApril 16, 2005
🌻
🐛
📓