Finding Phone Numbers

The process for finding phone numbers has changed over time. Directory assistance calls now have a fee and many people only have a cell phone. This is a page about finding phone numbers.

This is a tip that was passed along to me when I was telling my friend that I was going to make a call for directory assistance. My phone company charges hefty fees for directory assistance. When you need to use the 411/information option, simply dial 1-800-Free-411 or 1-800-373-3411 without incurring a charge. It's supposed to work on land lines and cell phones, too. I have used it on my land phone, but have not used it on my cell phone. You do have to listen to a short advertisement before being given the option for telephone directory assistance.

Merry Christmas to everyone at ThriftyFun and to all who read the tips letter.

By Bobbie from Rockwall

Editor's Note: Google has also create a Free 411 option and it doesn't currently have ads (I would image they'll add them at some point). The number for Google's 411 is: 1-800-GOOG-411 (1-800-466-4411)

Links

Calling directory assistance is very expensive and we live in a small town where we have very little access to the larger phone books for neighboring cities. Instead, I suggest visiting two sites on the internet to look up phone numbers. They are: www.superpages.com or www.switchboard.com. This way we can find the addresses and phone numbers we need for free!

By Robin from Washington, IA

Consumer Advice General AdviceOctober 21, 2013
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-28 19:52:47 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️