Finding Phone Numbers

This is a tip that was passed along to me when I was telling my friend that I was going to make a call for directory assistance. My phone company charges hefty fees for directory assistance. When you need to use the 411/information option, simply dial 1-800-Free-411 or 1-800-373-3411 without incurring a charge. It's supposed to work on land lines and cell phones, too. I have used it on my land phone, but have not used it on my cell phone. You do have to listen to a short advertisement before being given the option for telephone directory assistance.

Merry Christmas to everyone at ThriftyFun and to all who read the tips letter.

By Bobbie from Rockwall

Editor's Note: Google has also create a Free 411 option and it doesn't currently have ads (I would image they'll add them at some point). The number for Google's 411 is: 1-800-GOOG-411 (1-800-466-4411)

2 Links

Calling directory assistance is very expensive and we live in a small town where we have very little access to the larger phone books for neighboring cities...

Consumer Advice General AdviceOctober 21, 2013
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Finding-Phone-Numbers.html