Freezer MealsFreezing

Creating A Freezer Meal Exchange Group

There are a few of us in my community that would like to start a freezer-meal exchange where 5 of us make four recipes and excange with the others to have enough freezer meals for weekdays for a month. I would love it if anyone involved in a similar group could offer any tips for making this a success!

Thanks!
Amy F.

I don't have any personal experience to offer but you may want to read "No more lone ranger moms" by Donna Partow . ISBN: 1556615310. It has advice on a freezer exchange program as well as other ideas for similar things to make moms life easier by banding together with other area moms. For example, a babysitting co-op.

This book is available used only (it's out of print). Amazon has it for .01 plus shipping of course.

pal12345 (Patricia)

By susann2 (Guest Post)

I'm in a MOMs club and we do a frozen meal exchange monthly. We use disposible containers which can be reused or thrown away.

By Becki (Guest Post)

Susann2 -- Do you do Cooking Among Friends? My partner and I speak at quite a few Moms/MOPS groups and wondered if you heard us! Regardless, it's a great way to save time, money, and connect with friends!

Becki
www.cookingamongfriends.com

By jcdesigns (Guest Post)

Visit freezerfriendz.blogspot.com for info on how we do our freezer group. We started in April and it's going great!

My exchange group has a blog chronicling our experience and recipes. What's neat about our group is that it is all vegan and vegetarian food. Lots of these groups center around meat (for example one chicken, one beef, one pork, one pasta a month) so our group is a great resource for veggie alternatives. :)

veganfreezerexchange.blogspot.com/