Acne Remedy

My daughter took my granddaughter to a doctor for severe acne, he gave her a prescription for $125.00. Instead she went to her druggist and asked what she could use. He told her to use Witch Hazel on cotton balls. Her acne cleared up 80%. Witch hazel costs $2.14 at Walmart. I have oily skin, I've been using it, it is really good. Anyone with this problem should give it a try.

Joannie from LA

Answers:

Acne Remedy

I have, for ages, been using generic, alcohol-free, unscented baby wipes with Witch Hazel.
I open the plastic container (only bought that once; now I just buy the refill packs) of baby wipes, and dump in a one-pint bottle of Witch Hazel.
Most of the time, the number of baby wipes (usually 160) is just right to absorb all of the Witch Hazel.
(On the rare occasion, I have had to add a splash more Witch Hazel as I come to the bottom of the stack of wipes.)
I also have a travel pack that I use for some of the treated wipes when I'm on the go. (01/30/2005)

Acne Remedy

I also use those baby wipes. Also, to help clear up acne take an aspirin, crush it, add a few drops of water to make a thick paste. Dab that on the pimple. It's the main ingredient in a lot of acne medications. It's Salicylic acid. (02/12/2005)

By SSain

Acne Remedy

I have entered this advice before, but I found out firsthand that acne is serious and extremely embarrassing to a teenager. My son at 16 went to the doctor for actually another problem and being the sweet, young Dr. she was, she offered me advice on his acne. She advised using Neutrogena soap not just for the face, but the entire extremities.This product contains Benzol Peroxide and that's the ingredient that is so helpful. He used nothing, but that through his first year of college, and he's now 24 with no signs of acne. Another thing she advised is to never let shampoo water run down your face. Lean backwards when rinsing. Try this I guarantee it works. (04/11/2005)

By MamawKC

Acne Remedy

Try adding 15-20 drops of Tea Tree oil to your new bottle of Witch Hazel. Remember to label the bottle with a permanent marker and shake well before using. My teenagers and I have been using this for years. It makes a great toner and leaves a nice tingle. (if the tingle is too much, reduce the amount of Tea Tree oil you add) They also will spot new acne eruptions with the straight oil. Works fantastically. (08/30/2005)

By Degerta Sue

Acne Remedy

Use Witch Hazel as an astringent, then follow with 8% or 10% Glycolic acid. Works excellently. (12/23/2007)

By Kyle

Acne Remedy

Make sure the Witch Hazel you buy doesn't contain Isopropyl alcohol this will only irritate the skin more. Your skin needs hydration. If you remove it completely your oil glands will work over time to try and re-hydrate your skin, this is will only perpetuate your acne problem. Hope this helps. (04/03/2008)

By guest post

Acne Remedy

Your body gets rid of toxins through your liver, lungs, and your kidneys. Anything it can't get out through those, it sweats out through your skin. Acne is always a symptom of an internal problem.

• Lungs: Do you have asthma, are around cigarette smoke? Do you not get enough oxygen or work out often enough?
  • Liver: Do you drink alcohol?
  • Kidneys: Do you eat unhealthy? Consume Caffeine in chocolate, or coffee, or tea?
The best thing to do is get tested on those 3 organs. Also, get a blood test to see if you are deficient in any vitamins, etc. Products don't work well, because they are just battling acne to calm it down once its on the surface, but the problem is always internal, so fix your body from the inside.

My suggestion is to go to a holistic doctor for remedies. Get bloods tests and find out the issue.
As a med student I have done my research into this. Fix your body from the inside. Retail products contain alcohol which makes your skin dried out and worse, "Proactive" is the worst, these are just money making marketing ideas, not solutions. Use a medical line like SWISSLINE by Derma Lab or use a spa line like GUINOT, but Swissline works better. Then heal your body.
(11/16/2008)

By Summer

Acne Remedy
A girl popping a pimple.
What Causes Acne?
Someone using an acne cleansing pad on their face.
Homemade Oxy Cleansing Pads Recipes
Woman applying acne cream to her face.
Homemade Acne Cream Recipes
Teenager Holding His Hair Up to Show Acne on Forehead
Acne Remedies
🎄