Anniversary Party Ideas

Category Anniversary
Anniversary Party
Anniversaries mark memorable points in a couple's relationship. An anniversary party is a great way to celebrate and commemorate these landmarks. This is a guide about anniversary party ideas.

I'm planing a hawaiian themed party for my mom and dads anniversary and I need some ideas that are inexpensive. Does anyone have any ideas for recipes, decorations and music? Thanks.

Kassidy from Turlock

the orential trading company catalog has all kinds of luau decorations really inexpensively.they have an online site too.

Serve fruit kabobs, use the long wooden skewers and pineapple, kiwi, apple, grapes, etc. Makes a colorful dessert. You can also make a fruit dip using yogurt.

I agree that the Orential Trading Company is very nice but the outlet card stores in our area have quite a few luau decorations and you don't have to add in the postage.

Order fresh flower leis from a florist or on-line specialty store. Serve mai-tai or daquiri or blue Hawaii drinks, Roast pork, rice, pineapple for dinner. Party stores have lots of luau decorations.

Dollar Tree and Giant Dollar Store in our town have alot of decorations. Learn how to belly dance and put on a show! Make your cups out of coconuts.

Hawaiian Chicken or Hawaiian Pork.

Ambrosia or 5 Cup Salad.

Baked Pineapple casserole would be good.

Any party supply house should have a luau or Hawaiian them products.

Happy Anniversary, this sounds really nice.

We had a luau a few years ago for a birthday party. I used the library (free) for music. Used Elvis, Beach boys and Hawaiian CD's. Used paper decorations and japanese lanterns. We played coconut bowling, in our backyard and that was a hit. Used nametags with the hawaiian conversion of their name. That was fun too. You can look these up on the internet. Also their is a recipe for a volcano cake using dry ice, I did that too.

Wear hawaiian shirts (start looking now at thrift stores or yard sales). Ask a local travel agent if you can borrow any posters/flyers that show beaches, tropical sunsets, etc and use these to decorate. Pineapple upside-down cake would be a good dessert (you can even buy a mix). For the main dish I would serve Waikiki Chicken: Mix 1 cup BBQ sauce, 1 cup crushed pineapple with juice, 1/2 cup brown sugar. Put this in your slow cooker with chicken pieces and let it cook all day. I serve this over rice. Have fun -- and ALOHA!!!

I would like to plan a luau party for my anniversary. Something just for the two of us. Does anyone have any ideas for recipes, decorations and music? Thanks.

Linda

If you knew someone that actually knew how to roast a pig.Never been to one, but wouldn't that be a party that would be remembered for a long time to come?

Here are some ideas for Hawaiian food:

Spiced pork

Rice

Steamed vegetables

Barbeque foods

Fresh fruits- pineapple, strawberries, melons, papyas

Fresh vegetables

Crab salad

Roasted bananas

Macadamia nuts

Hawaiian sweet bread

Dee from http://www.fun-  -party-ideas.com

To make inexpensive trees one year for a float we used carpet rolls and painted them and got some palms from a local florist and use them at the top of the carpet rolls. We make paper mache coconuts.

Hope this helps.

My in-laws are having a 50th anniversary and we are all scattered regionally. Other siblings are not able to help financially very much so I need ideas as I don't want them forgotten. This creates a lot of expense for us (read that as a lot falling on me). I'd really like to do something nice for them, have thought of a cruise, or something else. Any ideas would be appreciated.

MC

a friend of mine was having a baby and all her family was scattered..i called them secretely and had them send their gifts to me..i held a baby shower for her and she was able to open up her family's gifts...

you could do the same

if you cant get the whole family together, maybe they can send you their gift or gifts then you can present them their gifts at the restaurant..you can make an anniversary cake similar to their wedding cake

if no one is in the same town as they are, maybe you could have a video made//send one tape to one person they video tape a message and show their wrapped gift; then send the video on to the next person and so on until you get it back with all the gifts then send it on to them.

hope this gives you ideas!!!

I had a Photo Quilt made for my parents for Christmas one year. They loved it. I took pictures from the time they met, wedding day, baby pics of the kids, a pic of their new home, pets, etc. and had a quilt made with the pictures printed on it. They loved it! Maybe you could get each person to send a special picture or a poem or short story or something like that and have a Photo Quilt or something like that made. Maybe even just a scrapbook. It will be inexpensive for everyone to send a picture or story and maybe some money to help with the cost and your not exactly left with all of the work and expense and your in-laws will be excited to receive something that took more sentimate than time or money. Good Luck!

My friend made a nice scrapbook for her parents for their 20th anniversary. It included letters and pictures from scattered friends and family. The pictures kind of told the story of their 20 years of marriage.

If money is short for the in-laws as well, you might consider, collecting money from everyone and possibly hiring someone to do some household repairs for them, since they are elderly.

We celebrated my in-laws' 50th last year and took them to a nice restaurant--one of their favorites-- and paid for their meal. We all chipped in for a cake and a scrapbook was made for them. You can get a really nice one at Big Lots right now and all you have to do is slip in the pictures you have. It allows you to place their name on the front cover (with stickers that come with it?). It's VERY pretty and costs either 9.99 or 19.99. The girls got ours from "Joanne Fabrics" or "Michael's" craft store and probably paid 3 times that cost!

Is the place where they got married/honeymooned still existing?

Maybe set up a renewal of vows or a weekend at their honeymoon spot?

How about looking into a river boat dinner cruise depending where you live for instance the gateway clipper in pittsburg pa is nice. And perhaps if their wedding attendants are still living could go along for some fun. Or even a bed and breakfast in an area they might enjoy visiting. Hope this helps

Scrapbook of their last 50 years, renew vows at church or backyard, family portrait, dinner cruise if you live near a river, murder mystery dinner party, theme party, a "roast" party honoring them, video collage of kids, grandkids over the years, or a special gift such as a camcorder, digital camera, plasma tv, etc. This all depens on how active they are.

I need inexpensive ideas for a 40th anniversary in December. I am working on a very tight budget for about 100 guest.

W. from NJ

It's our 3rd anniversary this February. I recently had a miscarriage and we are both very upset about it. So, I want to make this anniversary a very special one for him. Please give me any good gifting ideas and party ideas.

Thank you in advance.

By Namratha from India

My mom died before Christmas and it's their wedding anniversary this month. What can I do for my father who is 87?

By Tara

My son's elementary school is turning 40. I need ideas for things to do with the number 40, or games, such as birthday party games played in the 1960-70's. I need help.

By 100299 from Sterling Heights, MI

My siblings and I are planning to give our parents a surprise 20th wedding anniversary celebration. I would like any ideas that anyone may have.

Anisha from MD

Please suggest some good ideas for my parent's 36th anniversary. We have a small budget and a 3 roomed house and we are Indian. So please suggest something that can make them really happy.

By Piyali

I'm having a party for our 20th wedding anniversary celebration on June 23rd at our local bar. I'm having the same band play that played at our wedding reception. We had a large poster made up with our "Biker Wedding" picture for people to sign. I just need some ideas on how to decorate in the bar. Should I use my original wedding colors of maroon, black, and white? I what to decorate as thriftily as I can. What do you suggest? We will have food, cake, cupcakes, and outside bar-b-que too.

By Beth M. from Spirit Lake, ID