Planning a Wedding Anniversary Party

Category Anniversary
Landmark wedding anniversaries are easy to celebrate inexpensively. These memorable occasions are fun to share with family and friends. This is a guide about planning a wedding anniversary party.

Save decorative items from your wedding for use at your first anniversary party! We packed away the tulle, the angels and other items and are now re-configuring them for our anniversary. We are also playing the wedding CD on a TV for the party!

By Guest (Guest Post)
Top Comment

Great idea but here's another. Pack some of these lovely items well and save them for your 25th and 50th anniversaries also. Imagine the fun your daughters and daughters- in- law will have re-usung your actual wedding decorations for the party! decades from now.

My sister pawed through my private things to find a bride and groom from an engagement party for our 25th anniversary. I'd completely forgotten I had it! She also put ribbons on some of our wedding cards and hung them from the chandelier. It was wonderful!

Ingredients

• 1 cup butter or margarine
  • 2 cup sugar
  • 3 1/2 cup cake flour
  • 5 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 7 egg whites
  • 1 tsp. vanilla

Directions

Cream together the butter or margarine and sugar until the mixture is as smooth as whipped cream. Sift flour and then measure. Sift again with baking powder and salt added. Add alternately to creamed mixture with the milk. Beat the egg whites until stiff. Add vanilla to them. Then fold very gently into cake batter. Turn into 3 greased and floured 8 inch layer pans and bake in 350 degree F oven for approximately 25 minutes.

By Robin from Washington, IA

I'm planing an Hawaiian themed party for my mom and dads anniversary and I need some ideas that are inexpensive. Does anyone have any ideas for recipes, decorations and music? Thanks.

Kassidy from Turlock

Answers

By (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Order fresh flower leis from a florist or on-line specialty store. Serve mai-tai or daquiri or blue Hawaii drinks, Roast pork, rice, pineapple for dinner. Party stores have lots of luau decorations.

Best Answer

Hawaiian Chicken or Hawaiian Pork.

Ambrosia or 5 Cup Salad.

Baked Pineapple casserole would be good.

Any party supply house should have a luau or Hawaiian them products.

Happy Anniversary, this sounds really nice.

Anyone have some ideas for a surprise 70th wedding anniversary party? We have food and drinks figured out, but could use help with favors, gifts, and activities.

Thanks!

By PDXGirl from Portland, OR

Answers

Best Answer

Use vintage dishes, enamel pots, pans, flower pots, pitchers, cookie jars, and churns of the era they were married to serve the food and drinks and to decorate.

I am hosting a December/January anniversary event (as we never had a reception). My husband and I eloped 4 years ago, but kept putting a reception off. I would like to host an event for friends and family. I would like to keep our budget at 5k for 100 people. Is that possible, without being "cheap" and hosting a tacky event?

By Tonya

Answers

Best Answer

Streamers and balloons are better suited to a birthday party. You could get a nice, catered buffet meal, pretty flowers, and a dj and venue for $5000. Look into a VFW or American Legion hall. I had a lovely reception at a bowling alley banquet hall.
Enjoy your day!

It's our 3rd anniversary this February. I recently had a miscarriage and we are both very upset about it. So, I want to make this anniversary a very special one for him. Please give me any good gifting ideas and party ideas.

Thank you in advance.

By Namratha from India

Answers

Best Answer

I dont know that I would have a party. I think since you had the miscarriage that you need to take yourselves completely away from that. Make it completly just about the two of you. Like when you were dating.

If you do have a party, make it completly adult. Have a if we werent married party. Have everyone act like they are just dating and I think you would have a wonderful time. And it wouldnt remind you about anything to do with what you have lost.

How can I display my wedding dress and veil at my 30th anniversary reception?

By Karen Deaderick from Knoxville, TN

Answers

Best Answer

For my parent's 50th wedding anniversary, I used an antique wire mannequin. It looked very vintage, and we received many compliments. You might find one on ebay.

Please suggest some good ideas for my parent's 36th anniversary. We have a small budget and a 3 roomed house and we are Indian. So please suggest something that can make them really happy.

By Piyali

Answers

Best Answer

What are the traditions in your culture when celebrating anniversaries? Can they be tailored to fit your budget? The best gifts are always those that are "personal". Perhaps have invited guests write and share a story about how they know the honored couple; the story could be humorous, or just a nice memory. Collect the written pieces and put them in a scrapbook for your parents to review after the party. And be sure to take lots of photos as people are sharing their stories; these can be added to the scrapbook as well.

This is a guide about planning a 25th anniversary with renewal of vows. Choosing to renew marriage vows in combination with an anniversary celebration is a common practice.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

A 50th anniversary is a very special event, so you will want to plan a memorable party. This is a guide about 50th wedding anniversary party ideas.

Being married for 50 years is worth celebrating. This page has tips and examples for writing a 50th wedding anniversary announcement.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

A 40th wedding anniversary is a very special occasion. This page has ideas and tips for throwing a 40th anniversay party.

A couples' 60th anniversary is a memorable occasion to celebrate with a party including friends and family. This is a guide about 60th anniversary party ideas.

I have to plan a 20th wedding anniversary. The couple did not have a wedding and they want pictures, guests, and the 1st dance, but no maid of honor or best man. They want their pastor to say a few words and then do vows. She wants me to come up with a program.

There will be invitations, someone singing, a song or two, semi formal attire is preferred. There will be cake and groom's cake. Their song is Sweet November. The date is the 26th of November. They only have 1 child and he is 16 (not much help). I want it to be dazzling, romantic, memorable, people crying (from happiness) and cost effective. Help!

Audrey in SC

Answers:

Anniversary Party Planning

I recommend that you get every guest to write a small memory of a time that was special with the couple over the last 20 years and include a picture of themselves. You could then do a memory book of special times in their lives together.

You could also do a candy card that is sweet and also funny.This card is done using candy for words (example being extra gum, put 2 together and you get extra extra and then you could say. "Read all about it --------- and -------- are having a special (candy bar) day", so on and so on.

For decorating you could have their pictures from when they were dating till now, have them scanned on a computer, and print in any size that you want. You could place these around the room or on Bristol board in one area.

If you are adventurous, you could have some friends perform a song that you have written, (example) the Do Run Run song from the 60's is easy to change the words to.

You can also go to thrift stores and buy the same type of clear vases, decorate them with some foliage and flowers (small ones) and ribbon on the outside. Fill with water and float a small candle in them. You can also use cooking dye to change the color of the water if you want. Use only floating candles though.

You can go to the bush, pick out some bushes that have a lot of limbs, cut the bush down, take home, paint with white spray paint, place in white buckets with sand and some other hardening compound, then put tiny white Christmas lights on them. Of course you do this after they have dried. They really make beautiful decorations and can be as tall as 6 - 7 feet. They keep for years, undercover.

Hope this is of some help.

(07/15/2005)

By Ann

Anniversary Party Planning

How about doing a timeline poster board. You can find all the events that happened 20 years ago and the prices of food, gas, housing etc. which is pretty interesting. Also I'm putting together a family tree that will be on display. My parents are going to be celebrating their 50th. We are putting her dress on display at the party for more drams. (07/22/2005)

By sue

Anniversary Party Planning

I am hosting an anniversary reception very similar to what you have described they had no wedding to speak of and I want it to be beautiful and people to remember it. I also wanted the guests to be a part of it since they have been a part of the couple's lives as well over the years. Enclosed in the invitation I placed a card that says, "I remember when..". On the invitation at the bottom I made a note that says, "Please share a story you remember about the couple and bring it with you." I have a scrapbook for all of the cards to be placed in along with a picture of each person/couple that attends when they arrive. I hope this helps or at least gives you an idea or two. (07/14/2006)

By Beccky

Anniversary Party Planning

Gleaming lights set any atmosphere with any budget, disposable cameras at 10 to 20 a table for beautiful pictures from different perspectives. Have a display of pictures of them going the whole time from over the 20 years, they've been together. Share their memories with everyone. Ask them if they would like a theme, everyone dressed in the same color will really set their pictures off and make that event a night to remember! (09/26/2008)

By VERNITA

I would like some ideas for a 70th anniversary party. I appreciate your help.

az2010 from Easthampton, MA