Around the World Quilt Done In 8 Hours

Many years ago, one of the women's magazine published an article with instructions for a quilt. It was a "Trip Around the World " quilt made in 8 hours. My daughter made it for her Home Economics class and it turned out nice, but over the years I lost (or accidentally threw away) the magazine. Does anyone have these instructions that they could email me?
Thank You,
Mary from LA

Answers:

Around the World Quilt Done In 8 Hours

Around the world quilt: I found the instructions for this fast way of making it in: Gooseberry Patch Quilters Collection book. (leisurearts.com ) (01/31/2005)

By pinmouse

Around the World Quilt Done In 8 Hours

Thank you for your input. I found the instructions at bernina.com. These instructions use a serger to make the quilt. I also found a "Quilt In A Day" book at Joanne's fabric store. Thanks again. Mary (02/02/2005)

By sidetrackedsally

Around the World Quilt Done In 8 Hours

Just got done with my first trip around the world quilt. I got the pattern from quiltville.com. Very easy to follow instructions with pictures. (02/01/2007)

By Amy from MN

Around the World Quilt Done In 8 Hours

Blanche Young has a book "Trip Around The World" it is out of print, but you can go to book stores online or online shopping and find it. I took her class in the early 80's and she is by far the greatest quilt teacher. She simplified the process of cutting, sewing, and putting together all of her quilts. She does many books with her daughters. Just Google her name and you will get tons of great information about her. (08/18/2008)

By Cynthia

Around the World Quilt Done In 8 Hours

Trip Around the World Quilt in 8 Hours by Jane C. Smith, #(207) 676-2209. I called this number and received instructions for a small fee. I find it very informative and easy instructions. (10/07/2008)

By Ginny from Maui

Around the World Quilt Done In 8 Hours
Up close photo of quilt binding.
Binding a Quilt
Paper pieced quilt top, endless chains pattern.
Making a Paper Pieced Quilt
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt
Up close photo of a colorful koi quilt.
Cleaning a Quilt
🎉
🎄