Around the World Quilt Done In 8 Hours

Category Quilting
Making your own Around the World quilt doesn't have to take a long time. This is a guide about around the world quilt done in 8 hours.

I need the Trip Around the World Quilt booklet by Jane C. Smith. I have the directions from Family Circle Magazine of June, 1986. I want to make some other sizes using this method. I will be happy to pay for the booklet. Can anyone help me. I have tried to contact several people who gave e-mail addresses on the site, but no responses.

By Jo from Lexington, OK

Answers

Best Answer

Have you checked ebay? I know of another easy/fast way to make "Around the World Quilt", it's a book by Blanche Young called Tradition with a Twist. It's my all time favorite quilt book!

Best Answer

I know Jane Smith personally. I do not have the booklet for I was not even around in 86. I would love to see the booklet I have so much respect for her. I believe you can purchase the book from here. http://www.newe … amp;Category=143

If you know the concept of the quilt, there might be sizing instructions online but it is difficult to come by.

I am looking for the 1986 Family Circle magazine instructions for the 8 hr quilt for the Trip Around the World pattern. I have seen some old posts on here about it, but nothing recent. Does anyone have those instructions?

By Martha E

Answers

You can google Trip Around The World Quilt and find several different directions for this quilt.

I found this pattern. http://quiltville.com/tatwpf.html its not the family circle one but it might help you figure it out.

I have the "Trip Around The World" pattern from Family Circle 1986 if anyone is interested. Please contact me through this site.

Do you still have a copy of this pattern? Is it possible to get a copy?

Many years ago, one of the women's magazine published an article with instructions for a quilt. It was a "Trip Around the World " quilt made in 8 hours. My daughter made it for her Home Economics class and it turned out nice, but over the years I lost (or accidentally threw away) the magazine. Does anyone have these instructions that they could email me?

Thank You,
Mary from LA

Answers:

Around the World Quilt Done In 8 Hours

Around the world quilt: I found the instructions for this fast way of making it in: Gooseberry Patch Quilters Collection book. (leisurearts.com ) (01/31/2005)

By pinmouse

Around the World Quilt Done In 8 Hours

Thank you for your input. I found the instructions at bernina.com. These instructions use a serger to make the quilt. I also found a "Quilt In A Day" book at Joanne's fabric store. Thanks again. Mary (02/02/2005)

By sidetrackedsally

Around the World Quilt Done In 8 Hours

Just got done with my first trip around the world quilt. I got the pattern from quiltville.com. Very easy to follow instructions with pictures. (02/01/2007)

By Amy from MN

Around the World Quilt Done In 8 Hours

Blanche Young has a book "Trip Around The World" it is out of print, but you can go to book stores online or online shopping and find it. I took her class in the early 80's and she is by far the greatest quilt teacher. She simplified the process of cutting, sewing, and putting together all of her quilts. She does many books with her daughters. Just Google her name and you will get tons of great information about her. (08/18/2008)

By Cynthia

Around the World Quilt Done In 8 Hours

Trip Around the World Quilt in 8 Hours by Jane C. Smith, #(207) 676-2209. I called this number and received instructions for a small fee. I find it very informative and easy instructions. (10/07/2008)

By Ginny from Maui