Wooden Quilt Patterned Barn Star
This project explains with step by step instructions and images how to make this excellent wooden quilt pattern barn star.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A short time ago I was trolling Pinterest and found this great barn star wall hanging. I thought to myself this looks easy enough to make (we all like easy). So off to the lumber yard I went and bought an 8' 1x4 board. Not knowing the exact measurements I just guessed. NOTE: you can make this any size you want.
I cut 4 pieces 11" long and 4 pieces 7 1/2" long to make this barn star. One end on each piece is cut at a 45 degree angle. After cutting the boards I sanded all pieces with a belt sander, glued the pieces together and then painted it.
Total Time: 3 hrs
- 1 1X4" board 8 feet long
- sand paper and pocket screws
- wood glue
- Optional: Kregg pocket hole jig
- paint (your pick the colors)
- Cut 4 pieces 11" long. Using a miter saw cut one end on each board at a 45 degree angle (see photo).
- Cut 4 pieces 7 1/4" long using a miter saw. Cut one end on each board at a 45 degree angle (see photo).
- After cutting the boards sand with a belt sander.
- Apply glue at each mating surface. Optional: for faster assembly I used the Kregg pocket hole jig and pocket hole screws.
- Clamp pieces until glue dries.
- Paint to your liking.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.