Wooden Barn Star Quilt Pattern
A short time ago I was trolling Pinterest and found this great barn star wall hanging. I thought to myself this looks easy enough to make (we all like easy). So off to the lumber yard I went and bought an 8' 1x4 board. Not knowing the exact measurements I just guessed. NOTE: you can make this any size you want.
I cut 4 pieces 11" long and 4 pieces 7 1/2" long to make this barn star. One end on each piece is cut at a 45 degree angle. After cutting the boards I sanded all pieces with a belt sander, glued the pieces together and then painted it.
Total Time: 3 hrs
- 1 1X4" board 8 feet long
- sand paper and pocket screws
- wood glue
- Optional: Kregg pocket hole jig
- paint (your pick the colors)
- Cut 4 pieces 11" long. Using a miter saw cut one end on each board at a 45 degree angle (see photo).
- Cut 4 pieces 7 1/4" long using a miter saw. Cut one end on each board at a 45 degree angle (see photo).
- After cutting the boards sand with a belt sander.
- Apply glue at each mating surface. Optional: for faster assembly I used the Kregg pocket hole jig and pocket hole screws.
- Clamp pieces until glue dries.
- Paint to your liking.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!