Making a Flip Flop Quilt

Category Patterns
One really cute quilt block pattern is the flip flop. This simple pattern makes a great addition to your quilt collection or a delightful gift that keeps you thinking of summer all year long. This is a guide about making a flip flop quilt.

I made this quilt for my sister-in-law for her birthday. I just traced my daughter's flip flops, I used buttons and ribbons for the "straps" of the flip flops and sewed them top blocks. Sewed the blocks together to make the front. Used a sheet for the middle (instead of batting) and a sheet for the back. It is really easy to make.

Holding the quilt is my 10 year old daughter Mackenzie.

By Tracey from MI

That's adorable .. I bet Grandma's would love it! My sisters and I made something similar with footprints for our grandmother as a thank you for sewing lessons! She loved it! This is one I'll have to try with my girls for their grandma .. sounds like a great summer weight quilt esp. with the bright colors like you've used!

Nice job!

i really love it -- good job !

By (Guest Post)

Nice quilt, I love it!

Quality look. And its a fun one. Thanks so much for the idea. Good thinking on your part.