Around the World Quilt Done In 8 Hours

I need the Trip Around the World Quilt booklet by Jane C. Smith. I have the directions from Family Circle Magazine of June, 1986. I want to make some other sizes using this method. I will be happy to pay for the booklet. Can anyone help me. I have tried to contact several people who gave e-mail addresses on the site, but no responses.

By Jo Tarp from Lexington, OK

Best Answer

Have you checked ebay? I know of another easy/fast way to make "Around the World Quilt", it's a book by Blanche Young called Tradition with a Twist. It's my all time favorite quilt book!

Best Answer

I know Jane Smith personally. I do not have the booklet for I was not even around in 86. I would love to see the booklet I have so much respect for her. I believe you can purchase the book from here. www.newenglandquiltsupply.net/.../gallery.cgi?func=show&file=29...

If you know the concept of the quilt, there might be sizing instructions online but it is difficult to come by.

I have this. I found it going through my receipes and items I cut from magazines. Do you still need it?

Could I get a copy?

Do you still have the quilt in day pattern?

Did Jo from Lexington ever find Jane C. Smith's Trip Around the World quilt pattern? I am also looking for this to purchase.

I did this quilt in '86 when I saw in the magazine. Ever since then I am looking for the pattern, still haven't found it anywhere.

I made the Family Circle quilt too. I do not have the directions any more, but still remember quite a bit about it, probably because it was the first quilt I made and made two of them within a short time. The blocks are 5". They are actually cut in strips. Well, they are torn in strips, but torn the long way. The strips are then put together and re cut to form the pattern needed for the around the world pattern.

I did not have a rotary cutter so I measured everything with a steel ruler and pencil. Then cut the repieced strips with a scissors. It took me two weeks to make the quilt, but got the first one done in time for a wedding gift. the second one was done in another two weeks for a Christmas gift. This was the start of me becoming a quilter, and I still am. But now I use a rotary cutter, plastic ruler, and self healing cutting mat. That is much easier.

I found the book on Ebay. There are more of them. Titled Trip Around the World Pattern Instruction by Jane C. Smith