CatsPets

Ash Tray as Cat Food Bowl

Vote for this contest contender!

With 9 cats, I have discovered which cat food bowls are best and worst. Typical dishes have sides that are too high or crevices where wet food gets wasted. A bowl may be too small for a cat head and whiskers, so we prefer a flatter dish, one that won't slide. One silicon flat dish pictured here is excellent, and easy to clean, as food won't stick. Flat dishes are easier to keep clean and fit in dishwasher. The small flat ceramic dish pictured is too small, and food ends up on the floor. I finally found some flattish colorful plastic ashtrays at an estate sale for a quarter, pictured. Purrfect.

I agree that's a great idea my cat Hunter always uses his paw to get the food out of his bowl when it gets to the end. The ash tray is nice an flat good thinking.

Hi Janine. I'm glad you saw my post and liked the ashtray idea. Please pass it on! It's also a great way to upcycle all those 1950's ashtrays.

I wish now I had saved some of my parents but by the time they got done with them, they were pretty burned.

This is indeed a "purrrfect" solution. Best use for an ashtray yet!! Will pin and share.