Uses for Cigarette Ash?

Category Reusing
Ash from cigarettes can be used for some cleaning jobs, as well as other household tasks. This is a page about uses for cigarette ash.

I'm wondering if anyone has ideas of what to do with cigarette ash. My elderly mother is a heavy smoker and while I was emptying another, full, ashtray, it occurred to me that perhaps the cigarette ash itself may be useful for another purpose.

There is no point in preaching to my mum about smoking because I'm completely ignored. Is there anybody with ideas of how to recycle the horrible stuff?

By cettina from Malta, Europe

Answers

1. Use it to polish silver with a damp cloth dipped in the ash.
2. Put it on your house plants, mix into the soil a little.
3. Put it on the garden.

Why, thank you kemperjl! I didn't think it had any uses.

At least now I can store it in a sealed jar until I have a good amount and use it for something! Thank you again.

Empty cigarette butts and ash into a lidded container and add enough water to cover, let stand for a few days and drain off the liquid. Dilute this liquid in a watering can and water into the garden. It works like a fertilizer because of the chemicals in the butts and ash. Amazing results.

jbeing, what an excellent idea! Thank you so much for such a brilliant tip.

Better Living Green Living ReusingMay 7, 2013
🌻
😷
😎
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf23585589.tip.html