Athlete's Foot Remedies

Does anyone have a good workable cure for Athletes Foot? Post your ideas below:

Vinegar Or Mouthwash

I've heard vinegar is good for killing athlete's foot fungus. I imagine Listerine mouthwash would do the same since it kills the germs in your mouth.

By badwater

Soak In Bleach Solution

Soak your feet for few minutes in the tub that has been filled about a quarter of the way with warm water and a cup of bleach.

By evlevo85

My husband noticed that his athlete's foot cleared up after he had been in the swimming pool. So when it flares up and we can't get to the pool, we put just a little bit of household bleach in a basin of water and he soaks his feet in it.

By Becki in Indiana

Baking Soda And Water Paste

I recently had to deal with a bad bout of athletes foot. Unfortunately, I did quite a bit of scratching unconsciously and had the sores develop on my arms and chest areas. The itching was terrible. By making a paste of baking soda and water, I applied it to the sores. I did feel a slight burning due to the sodium which vanished a few minutes later. I would not recommend this for people with sensitive skin. Wear socks on your feet after applying the ointment and light gloves in case you scratch sensitive areas.

Tea Tree Oil

I would give tea tree oil a try. It is a natural antiseptic and also kills fungus (which athlete's foot is) My son used it with excellent results.

My Son had Athlete's Feet really bad. He bought a foot soak product from that had Tree Tea Oil in it. Cleared his problem up in no time. Good Stuff and not expensive either.

By Jmouse

Preventing Re-Infection

Because athlete's feet are a form of fungus, I suggest that you spray your tub or shower stalls with some sort of mildew remover such as Tilex. Do this along with whatever remedy you are using, because you could be re-infecting yourself every time you bathe or shower. Also as another resort, spray the inside of your shoes with athlete's foot powder or as a last resort, break the bank and throw out your shoes and get new ones.

By Ohiolady

Hot Water

I get hot water and drip it onto the infected parts and it disappears.

By Jack.

Hot water doesn't work. I've used it just to help soothe the itching, ughhhh!

By face

Monistat For Athlete's Foot

We used to spend lots of money on an athlete's foot cream prescribed by our doctor. My husband battled this affliction for years! I started comparing the ingredients in this prescription to other over the counter meds. Guess what! Monistat Vaginal Cream has basically the same ingredients in it. So, now if he has a flare up, we just buy some Monistat. He puts it on his feet at night before going to bed and it's cleared up right away. This may sound strange, but it really does work and it's much less expensive than prescription meds. Good Luck!

By kountry_kraftin

Wear Different Boots Every Day

In the Infantry 37 years ago, we were taught to wear a different pair of boots every day. A day off gives your boots the time to dry.

By Frederick E Lehmkuhl

Seaweed Powder

Pour a bowl of warm water and add seaweed powder, soak your feet for 20 minutes every other day for 1 week and it should go away.

By ben123

Hydrogen Peroxide

Apply 50% peroxide -50% water fro a spray bottle to the washed toes every night.

By Dave Long

Vapo-Rub And Other Tips

The best thing I have used is generic vapo-rub. I got it at the dollar store, just apply regularly. I used it and finally got rid of fungus in my toe nails that I had had for years. It just took a very long time, months to grow out.

With new shoes or when I don't wear socks, I use foot powder and when my shoes were infected, I also treated the inside of my shoes. Very hot water helps to soothe the itching of very bad infections, soak in water as hot as you can stand.

Avoid plastic/vinyl shoes as they don't breathe and make your feet sweat too much. Air your shoes out between wearings a day or so to let them dry out. Wear sandals/slippers in common areas in gyms and by pools to avoid infection.

By pamphyila

Undiluted Vinegar

My doctor prescribed expensive creams, which did not work at all! I was at my wit's end and decided to try undiluted vinegar. It worked like magic!

By Carol Churchill

I have heard and seen for many years the following: standing in the shower and urinating on your feet. Urine is sterile and acts as a medicine for so many things. you can wash your feet afterwards, however, the urine once a day for a week will cure it right up.

By Kimberly L. Christensen

As foul as it sounds, your own urine is very effective for Athelete's Foot. It is harder for women, as men aim and shoot while in the shower. Or just try the stuff in the stores. Prevention is the key, clean cotton socks, breathe-able shoes and some talc or baby powder on feet and in shoes to prevent the moisture build up.

Athlete's Foot
Remedies for Athlete's Foot
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub, An old claw foot tub outside.
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub
Sewing Machine Presser Foot
Sewing Machine Presser Foot Stuck Up
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Two bare feet.
Homemade Foot Powder