Auburn Hair Color Turned Out Brown

I colored my hair with a light auburn (I have brown hair naturally) and I was hoping that the color would be brighter and shinier. Instead it is a dull dark brown. What's up with this?

Paula from GA

Answers:

Auburn Hair Color Turned Out Brown

You didn't say how long your hair is. If you have longer hair you might need to 2 kits. If you hair is even thick you will need 2 kits. You also might not have left it on long enough.
(03/07/2006)

By dsbaby14

Auburn Hair Color Turned Out Brown

You may have left the colorant on too long. I did that once and it turned black. (03/07/2006)

By Paula

Auburn Hair Color Turned Out Brown

I'm no beautician, but the hair kit might not have had enough "lift" (like bleach) in it. Go to Sally's and get a lift of 30 and find a color you think you'll like. You may have to experiment to find the right color, but I think this might work for you.

If you go this route, be sure not to dye too often or to re-dye previously dyed areas. This might cause your hair to become damaged. (03/16/2006)

By Susanna

Auburn Hair Color Turned Out Brown

I have thick hair and even when it is short I have to use two boxes of hair dye to make sure it all gets covered. I have really dark brown naturally and I have dyed it auburn for going on 20 years now. I have used the same brand and love it. It is Clairol Balsam ($2.67 a box at Walmart) light auburn and then in the winter I use the dark auburn. It has a built in conditioner and I feel that my hair needs more than that so I use an extra conditioner after I am finished coloring. Conditioner sets the color. Oh, also make sure that you used a permanent color and not a wash out or semi-permanent. If you used a wash out that may be why it didn't take like you were wanting. Good luck!

April, OK (03/21/2006)

By AHR1974

Auburn Hair Color Turned Out Brown

I've tried dish soap, it somewhat works. It gets a lot of the color out, but not all of it, it just makes it lighter. (02/10/2008)

By Lizz

Auburn Hair Color Turned Out Brown

Check out henna from Lush. It's all natural. I just did my hair in (caca rouge) it's a beautiful auburn colour now. Covered all my grey and it's healthly for your hair. It's messy, yet it's worth it and all natural. lush.com On the Lush site there's a henna forum for help. They're very helpful in the stores also. Also, at www.youtube.com and type in henna from lush. (09/02/2008)

By Sally

Auburn Hair Color Turned Out Brown
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄