Baked Cabbage

This is a super easy, but super good way to fix cabbage. My husband thinks it's better than fried cabbage; I don't know about that, but it is delicious.

• 1 head of cabbage
  • olive oil, butter or margarine
  • salt and pepper

Directions:

Wash and dry 1 head of cabbage. Cut off enough of stem end so that cabbage will sit flat. Cut cabbage into quarters, but don't cut quite all the way through. Put Olive Oil and/or margarine in the center and season with salt and pepper. Wrap cabbage tightly in foil and place in a baking dish.

Bake in a 375 degree F oven until a knife inserted into the cabbage head goes through easily, (approx. 2 hours, depending on the size of the head of cabbage). Remove from oven, unwrap and serve. May be cut into smaller pieces if desired, or served in the wedges as is.

Source: My Sister in Law

By bailegirl

Answers:

Baked Cabbage

This is an excellent way to serve cabbage. When we lived in Costa Rica, the "ticos' would serve it this way. They'd boil or steam it, set it in a bowl, pour some vegetable oil over it, add salt and pepper and cover it with a clean tea towel before serving. Yum! (03/15/2010)

By av8rs3

Baked Cabbage

Oh! It's also excellent for Cauliflower! You'll love the cauliflower this way too! (03/15/2010)

By av8rs3

Baked Cabbage

I think 2 hours is a waste of gas or electricity for this recipe. You can pan fry, simmer or make cabbage other ways that do not use so much energy. (03/15/2010)

By moravice

Baked Cabbage

This sounds delicious! I am going to try it on St Patrick's day! I have to roast my corned beef anyway!

moravice, you may think 2 hrs. is a waste of gas or electricity for this recipe, unless you want it made like this! Preparing something one way can give it a different taste than preparing it another way, and this way sounds really good! (03/15/2010)

By Jron7667

Baked Cabbage

I am going to try this, normally I boil or fry mine. (03/26/2010)

By sickandsexy

Baked Cabbage
Storing Cabbage
Storing Cabbage
Growing Cabbage, Selecting Good Broccoli, Freezing Cabbage
Freezing Cabbage
butterfly of an imported cabbage worm
Garden Insects: Imported Cabbage Worms
Bok choy growing in a field.
Growing Chinese Cabbage
🎉
🎄