Baked Cabbage Recipes

Category Vegetables
This guide contains baked cabbage recipes. Baked cabbage makes a delicious side dish and is easy to make. Here are some recipes to try.

Very easy and inexpensive to make!

• 1 head cabbage
  • shredded cheese, as desired
  • salt
  • buttered bread crumbs
White sauce:
  • 2 Tbsp. butter
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 Tbsp. flour, rounded
  • 1/4 tsp. salt

Directions:

Slice cabbage into wedges; cook for about 12 minutes in salted water and drain. Place layer of cabbage in greased 8x12 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with shredded cheese as desired. Add remaining cabbage. Make white sauce and pour over cabbage mixture. Top with buttered bread crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.

Servings: 6-8
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30-35 Minutes

By Robin from Washington, IA

Top Comment

Cut ham into chunks. Have a ham & cabbage casserole.

Sales were great on cabbage this month. This makes a lot and I am going to freeze some for another time.

Prep Time: 30 minutes

Cook Time: 30 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 6-8

Source: Mothers in the Kitchen

• 1 head cabbage
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 Tbsp cornstarch
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 Tbsp breadcrumbs (I seasoned mine)
  • butter for dotting on top

1. Shred the cabbage.
  2. Ad

3. Steam until tender. I did it in the microwave.
  4. Put in a baking dish
  5. Bring 3/4 cup of milk to boil.
  6. Mix 1 Tbsp. cornstarch with the remaining 1/4 cup milk. Add to the boiled milk gradually.
  7. Ad

8. Stir and watch carefully, as it thickens fast. Season to taste.
  9. Pour the milk mixture over the cabbage. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top and dot with butter.
  10. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
  11. Ad

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 2 qt. casserole. Cook cabbage in boiling, salted water for 10 minutes. Drain and let cool; chop finely.

This is a super easy, but super good way to fix cabbage. My husband thinks it's better than fried cabbage; I don't know about that, but it is delicious.

• 1 head of cabbage
  • olive oil, butter or margarine
  • salt and pepper

Directions:

Wash and dry 1 head of cabbage. Cut off enough of stem end so that cabbage will sit flat. Cut cabbage into quarters, but don't cut quite all the way through. Put Olive Oil and/or margarine in the center and season with salt and pepper. Wrap cabbage tightly in foil and place in a baking dish.

Bake in a 375 degree F oven until a knife inserted into the cabbage head goes through easily, (approx. 2 hours, depending on the size of the head of cabbage). Remove from oven, unwrap and serve. May be cut into smaller pieces if desired, or served in the wedges as is.

Source: My Sister in Law

By Jana

Answers:

Baked Cabbage

This is an excellent way to serve cabbage. When we lived in Costa Rica, the "ticos' would serve it this way. They'd boil or steam it, set it in a bowl, pour some vegetable oil over it, add salt and pepper and cover it with a clean tea towel before serving. Yum! (03/15/2010)

By LINDA ROLINSKI

Baked Cabbage

Oh! It's also excellent for Cauliflower! You'll love the cauliflower this way too! (03/15/2010)

By LINDA ROLINSKI

Baked Cabbage

I think 2 hours is a waste of gas or electricity for this recipe. You can pan fry, simmer or make cabbage other ways that do not use so much energy. (03/15/2010)

By doris gordon

Baked Cabbage

This sounds delicious! I am going to try it on St Patrick's day! I have to roast my corned beef anyway!

moravice, you may think 2 hrs. is a waste of gas or electricity for this recipe, unless you want it made like this! Preparing something one way can give it a different taste than preparing it another way, and this way sounds really good! (03/15/2010)

By Jarron

Baked Cabbage

I am going to try this, normally I boil or fry mine. (03/26/2010)

By elva