Question

Share | Account | About
Share>Account>About>

Baking Pan Conversion

1 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Resizing Baking Pans

Sometimes when following a baking recipe you may need to use a different size pan or alter the size of one you have. This is a guide about baking pan conversion.

Here are questions related to Baking Pan Conversion.

Question: Baking Time for a Smaller Cake Pan

I'm baking a sheet cake for my sister's birthday and I don't have a 13x9 inch pan. I do have a 9x9x2 inch pan. If I use the 9x9 inch pan, how long do I have to cook it for? The usual time for the 13x9 inch is 22 minutes. Help! A fast reply would be appreciated as I am rapidly running out of time.

By Saumensch from Zim

Most Recent Answer

By Joan05/02/2012

You can buy cake mixes for smaller pans, I'm sure you can also find recipes for smaller cakes.

Question: Baking Pan Conversion

A cake recipe I am interested in making requires two 9-inch baking pans. I would like to convert that to a 13x9 inch baking pan or a 10-inch tube pan. Does anyone know if the temperature changes or how long the bake time would be? Thanks for your help.

"Mike"

Most Recent Answer

By irene02/27/2005

According to the directions on the back of Duncan Hines cake mix, 2-9inch pans require 30-33 min. 13-9, 35-38 min. and a bundt pan is 45-50 min.

Solutions: Baking Pan Conversion

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!