Baking Pan Conversion

Sometimes when following a baking recipe you may need to use a different size pan or alter the size of one you have. This is a guide about baking pan conversion.

May 2, 2012 Flag

I'm baking a sheet cake for my sister's birthday and I don't have a 13x9 inch pan. I do have a 9x9x2 inch pan. If I use the 9x9 inch pan, how long do I have to cook it for? The usual time for the 13x9 inch is 22 minutes. Help! A fast reply would be appreciated as I am rapidly running out of time.

By Saumensch from Zim

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can buy cake mixes for smaller pans, I'm sure you can also find recipes for smaller cakes.

February 26, 2005 Flag

A cake recipe I am interested in making requires two 9-inch baking pans. I would like to convert that to a 13x9 inch baking pan or a 10-inch tube pan. Does anyone know if the temperature changes or how long the bake time would be? Thanks for your help.

"Mike"

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You would leave your oven temperature the same, but add 5 minutes to the cooking time.

Hope this works well for you.

Use standard touch or poke with skewer to me sure the cake is done. The 9 x 13 may get done faster than the bundt pan.

According to the directions on the back of Duncan Hines cake mix, 2-9inch pans require 30-33 min. 13-9, 35-38 min. and a bundt pan is 45-50 min.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingAugust 2, 2012
What is Best Pan for Baking Brownies?
What is Best Pan for Baking Brownies?
frying pan birdbath
Making a Birdbath from a Frying Pan
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Peter Pan Costume
Baking Pan
Baking Pan Substitutions
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 10:20:45 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.