Baking Soda for a Canker Sore

If you have a canker sore on your lip (or worse, on your tongue) you can help it heal within a day by putting a small bit of baking soda right on the sore. Then let it drool for about half a minute. Rinse your mouth with cold water and no more hurt. You can follow up with swishing around warm salt water if you like. Usually one application does the trick.

Source: I've been doing this since I was seven years old. My mom was a believer in baking soda, so am I and I'm now 55.

By scrcrow from Orem, UT

Answers:

Baking Soda for a Canker Sore

I brush my teeth with baking soda, to include the tongue and gums so that my mouth smells and feels clean in the morning. Once a day is what my dental hygienist recommended. (08/01/2009)

By mklema92658

Remedies for Canker Sores
Remedies for Canker Sores
Muffin with a bite out of it.
Muffins Taste Like Baking Soda
A doctor examining a child with a sore throat.
Sore Throat Remedies
Up close photo of the front of a baking soda box
Saving Money on Baking Soda
Inflating Balloon During Balloon Experiment
Blowing up a Balloon with Baking Soda and Vinegar
🎄