Best All Purpose Cleaning Recipe

I have mixed just about every homemade cleaner "recipe" known to man. It is satisfying and I like knowing I am not putting pollutants and irritants in our home. I have just found the BEST all purpose cleaning mixture ever! It cleans appliances to a sparkle, windows, wood, counter tops, bathroom surfaces, etc It is a disinfectant and anti mildew cleaner as well - and it is cheap, cheap, cheap!

Here is what you need:

• 1 tsp. borax (buy a box, it will last you forever!)
  • 2 Tbsp. vinegar
  • 1/4 tsp. Murphy's Oil Soap (or generic)
  • 2 cups hot water

Put all in a spray bottle and shake it up! The other thing I like about this is the smell. While vinegar is a great cleaner, I don't enjoy the house smelling like pickles. The Murphy's oil soap is really all you smell (which I like). I used this on my white painted wood cabinets and it cut right through fossilized drips :)

By Carol from Landisville, PA

Answers:

Best All Purpose Cleaning Recipe

Make sure you store the borax in a safe place away from children and animals. It can be used to kill cockroaches and I ended up killing my pet tortoise because he ate a very small crumb of it. It dehydrates.
Harriet (10/09/2008)

By

Best All Purpose Cleaning Recipe

If there are left-overs, can it be saved? Does it have to be HOT water? (10/10/2008)

By Teri

Best All Purpose Cleaning Recipe

Thanks so much. I have been looking for a simple to make and good cleaning recipe. (10/10/2008)

By mulberry204

Best All Purpose Cleaning Recipe

Do you have to rinse after using this cleaner? Thanks! (10/11/2008)

By DownSouth

Best All Purpose Cleaning Recipe

Thanks for the recipe, this stuff works great. I did leave out the borax because I wanted it to be non-toxic. It worked great on my black stove which is always a pain to clean. No residue. I also used it on my laminate and tile floors with my star fiber mop. Before I just used vinegar and water for all these things but this spray works even better. Especially on my black stove which is such a pain to keep looking clean. Thanks. (10/17/2008)

By Mel

Best All Purpose Cleaning Recipe

(submitted via email)
The poster said the Murphy's Oil Soap was all you could smell. Is it really 1/4 tsp. of Murphy's, not 1/4 cup? I can't imaging 1/4 tsp. overpowering the vinegar smell! Thanks in advance!

Mary (01/30/2009)

Someone cleaning a kitchen counter with cleaner.
Homemade All Purpose Cleaner Recipes
StarMop
StarMop Reviews
All Purpose Flour
What is All Purpose Flour?
Bread Machine
Recipes Using All Purpose Flour in Bread Machine
Convenience Mix
All-Purpose Convenience Mix Recipes
🎉
🎄