Lysol All Purpose Cleaner Left Wood Furniture Streaky

Category Furniture
Certain cleaning products termed all purpose do not always work well on various surfaces. They can leave streaks and residue that can be difficult to remove. Occasionally the wrong cleaner can damage the finish on furniture. This is a guide about Lysol All Purpose cleaner left wood furniture streaky.

A housekeeper used Lysol All Purpose cleaner on my wood furniture and now it is gummy and one piece is streaky (white steaks). Is there anything I can do? I sure hope so, besides being furious and firing the housekeeper. It was not the spray can, it was the solid all purpose lemon scent. My head is still in disbelief that anyone would think it is OK to use a product like that on furniture.
I tried to use a damp microfiber cloth and wiped down some of the pieces which helped a little bit.
I welcome all answers. Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

Murphy's Oil Soap should help. The few occasions I did have a cleaning person come in I gave very specific verbal instructions on what products to use, and I also wrote the instructions down. Good luck.

You might need to try warm water with a bit of Dawn soap to go over the wood. Then, go back over it with a damp cloth to get the soap off. I have had to do that before-the Dawn gets the gummy sticky feeling cleaned off.

In the housekeepers defense, on the bottle it does state it can be used on cabinets. She may have figured if it can be used on the cabinets (which are generally wood) it could be used on any wood.