Removing a Windex Stain on a Wood Table

Category Tables
Certain cleaning products intended for other uses can damage the finish on your furniture if they are accidentally used or spilled on it. This is a guide about removing a Windex stain on a wood table.

I left a bottle of Windex on an oak table for awhile. When I picked up the bottle, now there's a stain on the table. How do I remove it?

By Laura Sampson from Jefferson City, MO

Answers

Best Answer

Take some mayonnaise (yes, the type you put on your sandwiches), about a teaspoon or two usually does the trick. Dab it onto the stain and let it sit for 20 minutes or so and then wipe it off. It gets rid of most any water ring stains on nearly all types of wood, and it's cheap as well as being something that you may have pretty handy.

Best Answer

If it is like a water spot. I had great success refinishing an antique table with lots of spots. Mix toothpaste (I used a brand name baking soda and peroxide one) and baking soda. Place on spot and rub it out. I also like to use the Old English oils. Hope that helps.

How do I repair damage caused by Windex (white cloudy stain) on a fine dining room wood table top?

By Wayne R from Lisle, IL

Answers

Best Answer

Direct a hairdryer on the white spot/spots, then rub with a soft cloth. Don't hold the hairdryer too close to the table. You could damage the table finish further!

My son decided to clean my wood dining table with Windex and has ruined the finish. What can I do?

By Christine

Answers

Windex will surely ruin a wood surface. If your son is grown he can pay to have it refinished.

The warnings are clearly on the lable. It will have to be finished, there is no other solution.