Blood Stain on Carpet

I cut my finger several weeks ago and blood got on my carpet. I have used a shampoo machine, also Resolve, but the stain still remains. Does anyone have any good ideas how I can remove this stain?

Lisa from S.C.

Answers:

Removing Blood from Carpet

Using one-half scoop of Oxi Clean and 6 oz. of water, I used a brush to saturate carpet and blood came right out. Blot, then rinse and dry. (06/25/2006)

By Carol

Blood Stain on Carpet

Try this stuff called Spot Shot. It is amazing on my carpets (10/08/2006)

By nelba

Blood Stain on Carpet

Use peroxide, test small piece of carpet first. (10/11/2006)

By Caryn

Blood Stain on Carpet

Use normal table salt. It's that easy. Just spray the stain with water, sprinkle it with table salt then allow to dry and vacuum up any salt left. If the stain is still there just repeat the procedure. It really works! (11/05/2006)

By Skippy

Blood Stain on Carpet

The salt thing works. I alternated between table salt, tap water, and blotting with a washcloth until it had all lifted out. It's impressive how well that works. Thanks, Skippy! (12/27/2006)

By Bryan

Blood Stain on Carpet

Remember how easy it is to remove a scab after the blood has coagulated completely. Let the blood dry. Do NOT touch it as this will push the blood into the fabric. Then using a shop vac or vacuum hose, briskly rub the hard edge against the carpet. If you haven't touched it, you won't know it was there. Works on pile, Berber, you name it. (03/02/2007)

By Sparty

Blood Stain on Carpet

Hydrogen peroxide is the only thing that truly works. Pour it over the stain and allow it to foam for several minutes then dab up the excess and rinse with cold water. Then dab up the water. I promise it works. (06/14/2007)

By silver

Blood Stain on Carpet

Wow! I just used regular table salt, put it on the blood stain, and just got a wet wash cloth and scrubbed it right out! It really works and was so easy. (07/16/2007)

By Txdream

Blood Stain on Carpet

I had a large blood stain from our dog who recently had oral surgery. Woke up one morning and found a pool of blood on the bedroom carpet, tried to clean it with a spray cleaner without success. Followed the advice given here and sprinkled the stain with salt and put about 4 oz of hydrogen peroxide with about 3 oz of water in a spray bottle and thoroughly sprayed the stain area. Rubbed it with a damp rag and blotted it with an old towel. The stain is completely gone! (07/19/2007)

By Cecilia

Blood Stain on Carpet

This totally worked. You guys are awesome. 3oz water, 4oz Hydrogen Peroxide, regular salt, paper towels. Worked like a charm on 1 day old blood, even got out another stain that I have no idea what is from, though it didn't work on a third. Thanks for the tip. (09/30/2007)

By Joel

Blood Stain on Carpet

I first used hydrogen peroxide and dish detergent since that works on red wine on carpet. It appeared to work, but the next morning the stain had reappeared. I then tried table salt, and sprayed on water and hydrogen peroxide mix, 40/60%. It WORKED perfectly. (12/26/2007)

By Gary K.

Blood Stain on Carpet

Tried the salt first and didn't get results. Hydrogen peroxide worked fantastic! Just sprayed it on and worked it in a bit. Kept applying to some spots as it dried and now it's gone! This was on very light carpet. I am now going to try on a darker carpet. Stains are from my dog in heat, so they are all over. (03/04/2008)

By swedal

Blood Stain on Carpet

I put salt on the blood stain, then dabbed it with a sponge that was dipped in a hydrogen peroxide and water solution. And it works great. The stain came right out! (04/14/2008)

By Mike

Blood Stain on Carpet

Salt, hydrogen peroxide, and water solution is AMAZING for taking out blood stains. I sprinkled table salt on the spot, and then dabbed at it with a sponge that was dipped in a solution of 50% water and 50% peroxide. It came right out. I'm going to try it the next time I get any other type of accidental carpet stain. (10/04/2008)

By Kevin Lowhorn

Blood Stain on Carpet

Thank you so much for the advice to remove blood stain from carpet. I woke up this morning and my dog had a nose bleed. The hydrogen peroxide, water and salt really does work. I was impressed to see the blood come right out. (11/15/2008)

By Julie

Blood Stain on Carpet

I poured salt on the area, then rubbed 50/50 water and peroxide. Came out in seconds. (11/20/2008)

By Billy

Blood Stain on Carpet

This did the trick! Thank you all for your suggestions of water, hydrogen peroxide, and salt! (12/06/2008)

By Lindsey

Blood Stain on Carpet

Oxi Clean works as well as hydrogen peroxide, salt and water, AND does not bleach the carpet. Apply and rub or brush in. Normally the third application removes the blood color completely. My son has frequent nose bleeds on our light color carpets and rugs. We could not keep up without Oxi Clean! (01/04/2009)

By Mick

Blood Stain on Carpet

Wow, that worked. 1/2 and 1/2 hydrogen peroxide and water, but sprinkle salt first. Let it sit a minute or two. I cannot express how big this spot was. My dog got stitches and must have pulled them open. There was a mess and now after trying your suggestion, it's like it was never there. The carpet is very light. Thanks so much. It cleaned up in minutes...really, a few minutes. (01/12/2009)

By Tony

Blood Stain on Carpet

I am in the process of cleaning up old dried on blood stains. I went to the internet and found your recipe for peroxide water and salt. How great, it works wonders and with little work. The blood was dry and set in, but it came out with little effort. Thank you so much (02/19/2009)

By Sandra

Blood Stain on Carpet

I just used the salt, water and peroxide mixture on my daughter's bedroom carpet which is light cream in color. She had had a nose bleed and there were stains in various locations on the carpet. The mixture took it up in minutes and it looks great now! Super glad I found this site! (02/23/2009)

By Dawn in Michigan

hydrogen peroxide cleaner
Cleaning Blood Stains on Carpet
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
Wedding Dress
Removing a Blood Stain on a Wedding Dress
🎉
🎄