Broccoli and Cheese Soup

This is one of my favorite vegetable recipes!

Ingredients

• 1 bunch of fresh broccoli, chopped into bite size pieces
  • 1 cup chopped celery
  • Ad
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1/4 lb. Velveeta cheese
  • 3 cups milk

Sauce Ingredients

• 3/4 cup flour
  • 2 cups milk

Directions

In a large pot, cook broccoli until tender. Drain and return to pan. Add 3 cups milk and cheese. Cook over low heat until cheese is melted. Mix flour with 2 cups of milk for the sauce and add to the broccoli. Cook 20 minutes stirring frequently. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.

By Bonnie from Cleveland, Ohio

Answers:

Broccoli and Cheese Soup

YUMMY! (09/14/2006)

By grammaoftwo

Broccoli and Cheese Soup

I'm lazy I guess: packet of Pioneer pepper white gravy, box or bag of frozen broccoli-onion, Velveeta. I like the idea of chicken broth. I use Knorr large cubes, VERY good. I find them in the Mexican part of your grocery.

Use a large pan. Fix the broth cubes per instructions. Dump in the broccoli and onion. When veggies done, follow the gravy pack directions, watching the amount of liquid. Stir in the gravy with liquid into the pot. When it begins thickening, add the Velveeta to taste. Keep stirring so it won't burn. Check for seasonings.

See what you think. See, frugal to me also means frugal with my time. (09/14/2006)

By 2oma

Broccoli Cheese Soup
Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipes
Potato Broccoli Cheese Soup
Potato Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipes
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese
Growing Broccoli, Storing Broccoli, Canning Broccoli
Growing Broccoli
🎉
🎄