Butter Conversion for Europe

Can you tell me how much a stick of butter is in grams or ounces? I see many American recipes that I can't follow, because I don't know the quantity of margarine or butter to use. In Europe, we use either grams or imperial (British) weight. Either will be fine.

Cettina from Malta, Europe

Butter Conversion for Europe

A stick of butter is a quarter pound or 4 ounces. Hope that helps. (05/26/2007)

By cjgeo

Butter Conversion for Europe

We typically buy butter in one pound (or 16 ounce) boxes which contain 4 "sticks". Each "stick" weighs 4 ounces. Each stick is the equivalent of 1/2 cup of butter. If I tried to convert this to grams for you I'd probably make a mistake, so I'm hoping you can take it from here. Good Luck! (05/26/2007)

By Grandma Margie

Butter Conversion for Europe
cooking oil
Stretching Butter With Oil
Butter in Foil Wrapper
Reusing Butter Wrappers
Jar of peanut butter surrounded by peanuts.
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipes
corn with real butter
Benefits of Using Real Butter